Before you add this post to the growing crap-pile of “New Year’s Resolutions” blog postings, consider this:
We’re calling this an evolution, because evolution is long and gentle, and you don’t get down on yourself when it doesn’t work out.
So here’s some stuff for the new year, which the Princess is pondering upon. Some business, some personal, though not so personal that it’ll be things like “go to monkey/human hybrid gynecologist” or anything like that.
1) Classes: Yes, yes, We’re aware We’ve been lax in that department. You still love Us, though. But here, now, let Us vow: We will have more classes. Knitting. Crochet. Paper crafts. And even the more unusual. If you have an idea, and you’re skilled in a particular crafty area, let Us know!
2) New table: Perhaps it’s time to invest in something that’s beyond a harvested door held up with some PVC. No offense to the table, it’s served us well. But every time we wind yarn, it’s probably best that someone not call it in to the Bay Area Earthquake Center.
3) More visits/classes by famous people: We’re not saying who. Because We don’t know yet. Perhaps Kanye. Lady Gaga. Or Cookie A. If you are an A-G list crafty diva, give us a call!
4) This will be the year we finally do the Rock ‘n Roll Craft In, avec bands. For sure. We feel it in Our bones. But remember, we’ve got a whole year to set this up.
5) More kits: Maybe needlepoint? DIY plastic surgery? Dunno.
6) Epitomize Alexis Carrington That’s right, the holiday rush is almost over, I’m almost done with making things for other people (so tedious), so now it’s all about me! I’m going to treat myself well, like Alexis would, by making myself a sweater. For me. No one else. My friend and Princess Animal Acolyte Mer always starts a new sweater for herself on Jan 1. I love it. I’m going to steal that idea and do the same. But which one, which? So many excellent ones to choose from.
7) More cool yarn, including another bespoke line, this time with Little Red Bicycle…details coming soon.
8) Write that damn knitting book…again, details to follow.
9) Take other people’s feelings into consideration: Or not. Whatever.
10) Write lists that end in an even “10.” Like Bo Derek.
So that, then, is the Animal dropping a bit of evolution on ya. (Oh, also, We’ll perhaps stop speaking in hip-speak in which we are far from fluent). Last, but not least, we leave you with this oldie but goodie thought on evolution from one of our very favorites, Mr. Alan Partridge. Abide.
What are your evolutions for 2012? Comment, comment, as you’ve never commented before (and you probably haven’t).